I have had the chance to build great software in light of many exciting business opportunities. I appreciate and genuinely enjoy the challenge in working with people. I am committed to bringing out the best in my teams - and trust that exceptional software will ensue.
data.world – Austin (Jun/16 – Present)
Director, Software Engineering
data.world is currently in stealth mode.
IAC (Internet/Media) – New York (May/10 – Jun/16)
VP, Software Engineering (Previously: Sr. Director/14, Director/11-13, Sr. Engineer/10)
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of some of the world’s most recognized brands and products, such as HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, About.com, Dictionary.com, The Daily Beast, Investopedia, and Match Group’s online dating portfolio.
Hired as a Sr. Software Engineer under IAC's Mindspark brand, my initial task was to build a platform to accelerate the creation of browser extensions. I quickly saw my role expand and have since led teams across various IAC companies.
- Built the platform that allowed Mindspark to create and launch 40 new products between Q3 and Q4 of 2010.
- Established six different teams between 2011-2013 and brought to market over a dozen new or re-launched products - websites, browser extensions, Facebook, iOS and Android applications - allowing Mindspark to test a variety of new business models effectively.
- Ran nRelate's engineering for most of 2014. Took-over under challenging business conditions, managed to deliver a series of key projects, and ultimately was responsible for shutting down the company's operations.
- Innovated with B2B solutions for Android and iOS, positioned initially as an ad network (Offercast Mobile) and transformed in 2015 into a family of white-labeled applications distributed through OEM and carrier partners around the world.
Bunge (Commodity Trading) – New York (Sep/06 – Apr/10)
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 35,000 employees.
I was brought from Brazil to help accelerate Bunge's adoption of Service Oriented Architectures in its commodity trading division.
- Built the Java framework that made possible to deliver Bunge's new mark-to-market system in 6 weeks, as opposed to 18, as previously estimated.
- Created a TIBCO BusinessWorks framework that reduced the implementation time of new integration processes by 50%, improved maintainability and dramatically reduced the number of defects.
- Accumulated internal titles of Lead Integration Architect, Infrastructure Manager, and Lead Performance Management Engineer.
Stefanini (IT Consulting) – Brazil (Aug/04 – AUG/06)
Stefanini is a global provider of technology-based business solutions: IT Outsourcing Services, Application Services and Strategic Staffing.
Stefanini hired me to turn around a troubled project for Telemar, one of its clients and one of the largest telecommunications company in Brazil.
- Successfully turned around Telemar projects and guaranteed several subsequent projects with the client for Stefanini.
- Spearheaded several initiatives to refine processes, promote emerging technologies, and train Stefanini's consultants.
- Played key role in technical pre-sales efforts across South America including a series of talks to CIOs in Chile and Peru.
Algar Telecom (Telco) - Brazil (SEP/01 – JUL/04)
Java Developer and System Analyst (Previously: Web Developer/01-02)
Algar Telecom, formerly CTBC, is a Brazilian telecommunications company that offers advanced services on landline and mobile phone (GSM and 3G), broadband, data center and cable TV (DTH).
While in college, CTBC hired me as a full-stack developer to implement and maintain a variety of different websites using PHP and ASP.
- Created a self-service portal for data center customers to monitor, manage and provision services on Linux and Windows servers.
- Built the content management system used to re-launch CTBC's website in record time. The same platform continued to be used to create several of the company's sites and remains in use in 2016.
MBA, Entrepreneurship and Finance, CUNY Baruch – Zicklin School of Business (2009-2012)
MS (partial), Computer Science, UFMG - Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil (2005-2006)
BS, Computer Science, UFU - Universidade Federal de Uberlândia, Brazil (2000-2003)
Advisor - Samba Tech (www.sambatech.com.br)
Since 2009, I have been working closely in the capacity of advisor with C-level and senior management staff at Samba Tech on strategy, engineering, process and product management matters.
Member - Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
"Beta Gamma Sigma is the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a business program accredited by AACSB International." (Source: betagammasigma.org)
Expertise: APIs and frameworks (design & implementation), service-oriented architectures (also, micro-services), web and mobile applications, agile and lean practices, DevOps, product management, digital advertising, SaaS, and B2B. Growing Interests: Programming languages, data science, artificial intelligence.